The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find a basic fertilizer like Seachem flourish to use with my auto dose system. The problem im having with flourish is it gets gunky and clogs up the pump. Does anyone have any experience with this and if so what do you use instead of flourish?

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
It will be MUCH cheaper to buy dry ferts and make them into a liquid to use. Many threads on this throughout the forum.

Ben

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the fert bottle in the dark under the tank inside the stand, so i dont think its algae but at the bottem of the bottle it seems to build up slime. I know flourish recommends you keep it cool or in the fridge after you open the bottle. The flourish definitely changes to a more milky look when it sits out it the warm house verses the stuff that i keep in the fridge.

Do they make a dry fert that is a an all in one fert like flourish? or do i have to buy and mix it all myself. I only want to run one dosing pump on this tank.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
You buy the individual ingredients and make your own.

Seachem Flourish Comprehensive may look like an 'all in one' but it is pretty low in the macros, and Seachem claims (at their web site) that it is good to add more macros when using this product.
Seachem. Flourish

You could do this:
One dosing pump = N, P, K.

Once a week water changes, and dose traces (CSM+B) just once a week, when you do a water change.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
The problem with an 'all in one' blend is the phosphorus fertilizer can combine with the iron can make an insoluble precipitate. This is why the macros (N, P, K) are usually mixed and dosed separately from the micros (including iron).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.