The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been reading a bit about glosso, and how the market has been flooded by knock-off seeds and plants from china called Xiaozhuang, which ends up growing larger and more bushy than the normal glosso. Does anyone know reputable seller or a good way to tell the 2 apart?

Because I am stumped :confused:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Petco carries it within their line of tissue cultured plants. I've bought some a few times and it was fine other than a little slow to get started from the culture. Stock varies from store to store and seems kind of random. Don't know whether they can specifically order things like that but might be worth a check to save shipping costs if there's one close.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have previously bought glosso from a member here named Barthohog and was very pleased with what I received don’t know if he’s still around but if he is I’m sure he’d pm you.
So I have been reading a bit about glosso, and how the market has been flooded by knock-off seeds and plants from china called Xiaozhuang, which ends up growing larger and more bushy than the normal glosso. Does anyone know reputable seller or a good way to tell the 2 apart?

Because I am stumped <a href="http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Confused" >:)</a>

·
Registered
58 Posts
Both Tropica and Anubias (brand) sell glosso in pots and tissue cultured cups. Don't trust any carpeting seeds sold online, some are just terrestrial plants (which will die after a few weeks underwater) and some are hygrophila polysperma which may be illegal in some parts of the US.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Both Tropica and Anubias (brand) sell glosso in pots and tissue cultured cups. Don't trust any carpeting seeds sold online, some are just terrestrial plants (which will die after a few weeks underwater) and some are hygrophila polysperma which may be illegal in some parts of the US.
Yeah, sadly I think I bought into what I thought was legit glosso, but it came with seeds which made me skeptical. Here is the one I bought, and the more I look at the plant, I think it might be hygrophila polysperma. Why aren't there more sellers for such a common plant?

https://www.no ebay links allowedco...882549?hash=item3f832076f5:g:g0wAAOSwoA9ZfRbD

Petco carries it within their line of tissue cultured plants. I've bought some a few times and it was fine other than a little slow to get started from the culture. Stock varies from store to store and seems kind of random. Don't know whether they can specifically order things like that but might be worth a check to save shipping costs if there's one close.
I have tried looking into their online store and it doesn't look like you can check stock on specific plants :frown2:

I have previously bought glosso from a member here named Barthohog and was very pleased with what I received don’t know if he’s still around but if he is I’m sure he’d pm you.
is there a way to search members on here? I can't seem to find a way to look him up.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Xiaozhuang is the name of a prominent hobbyist who often writes about how the seeds are not actually authentic glosso... not the name or company of the dubious seeds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.