The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wish I could have been there. Fall for sure with a roll of fish cash lol

Sent from mTalk
You're lucky you didn't go. There were lots of great plants and fish too. I spent way too much money. lol

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
You're lucky you didn't go. There were lots of great plants and fish too. I spent way too much money. lol
lol my usual problem when I go. How was the rainbowfish turnout? I know a bunch of people got Gary Lange eggs when he was here, I figure they are going to start reaching maturity here soon.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I didn't pay a lot of attention to rainbows - but I did buy three very young Pseudomugil cyanodorsalis-Neon Blue-eye that no one was bidding on. I just raised my number for $3 and if anybody had bid for $4, I would have dropped out. I got the fish. LOL It's OK, I had a spot for them and I've never had Rainbows before and I love the Pseudomugils, so why not.

There were maybe 5 or 6 more batches sold but I think they came from just two people - not sure. I would have expected more for the same reason you did.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Had to work :(. Sorry I missed it - will be there in the fall. (sure I saved at least $100 ;) )

What were some of the highlights?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Highlights?

Highlights? LOL Fish were sold - highlights for me were quite a few corydoras --- Let's see - LOTS of plants --- Raffle was for a 60 gallon but who cares? I didn't win. ;-) There were some real nice sumps on the quick sale table but they wanted a nice price. There were some canisters there and I picked up one of those off quick sale. There were quite a few tanks on quick sale. Picked up on of those too.

Best highlight? Done long before dinner time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Some nice plants - picked up a Crypt moehlmannii, red java fern and a rose melon sword. Getting done early was also awesome lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
For me it is all about Corydoras - got 2 bags of 6 C.sterbai and 3 hi-fin C.aeneus and 4 C.hastatus and 6 C.nanos (but those all died, some before leaving) - also picked up 3 freshwater gobies and 3 blueback blue-eyed rainbows and a torpedo whale (Mormyrid) - heavy preponderance of bottom dwellers - my normal ----- Plants included some giant Val that is over 4 feet long and some more jungle val and Crypte wenditii --- I already have that Crypt and lots of jungle val but I added 2 new tanks so needed to fill in - nothing had enough to spare - plus a 20 gallon tall tank and an HOB and a smallish canister and some K2 Kaldness and a nice flat-topped hollow stump about 4" across & 4" tall (maybe 5" across at the root area)

·
Registered
91 Posts
l did a video about what I believed happened. You could find the same thing by googling "Corydoras toxin".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts