The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colorado Aquarium Society Auction:
This years auction is going to be extra special for fish lovers. We have Australian Desert Gobys coming, we have multiple L numbered Plecos, many different species of Corydoras. We have a box with multiple bags of Killfish. Several Apistogammas. We have 8 different rainbows, multiple bags of each. We have a great selection of cichlids that you have not seen before. This year will be a real fish lovers auction due to the wide variety of fish available. Don't miss the opportunity to get some wonderful new fish!

March 22, bidding begins at 10:00 and may run till 7:00 P.M.
6750 Carr St., Arvada Co. In the community room at the churc.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Was a little disappointed in the plant selection this time, and one bag of fish were dead by time I got home. However, it was all balanced by winning the Hydor Pro 600 canister filter!

Next time I'll pay more attention. Came home with 4 bags of cory's!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I ended up grabbing the evolve 4 hopefully for my office. I was going to go for the rare rainbows at the beginning of the auction, but they were both females, and without the male it would not be that great of an investment for me. plus my tanks are fully stocked lol. I agree, the plants were more common ones this time around. The Fall auction had a great selection though.

I was quite impressed with the Killie selection though. Wish I knew enough to grab some.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Overall was a pretty good auction but was thought there was gonna be a little more stuff like last fall but it was cool. Found some apisto's and a couple other cool South Americans there too so I left happy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm hoping the next auction will have some plants from the Florida distributor again. Those were awesome last fall.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
We had problems with that because they had weather problems over the winter. Hopefully next fall we can have a big plant sale once more.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah the plants at the last one were awesome. I got this great Amazon Compacta that sent out an offshoot and now I have 6 of them along with a bunch of rotala walichi and all kinds of cool ferns. Was hoping to find some more plants like that but maybe the next one.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Me too! But mine was a kleiner prinz sword plant. I have two more that have sprouted from a long chute. :)
I have yet to have my Kliner Prinz produce any off shoots. I have three, two in my 40b and one in my flora.

My Franz Prinz though that I got in the fall is doing GREAT!!! I has flowered twice now, and is pretty large. It is the whole reason I am doing a major rescape next weekend. the current scape just does not do it justice. After looking for 6 mo. I find it at the last auction

1 - 13 of 13 Posts