The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was wondering what is the best way to attach window screen to a finnex fugeray? Also is there a certain type of screen I should use? Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Regards, Patrick

·
Registered
824 Posts
I just went to home depot and got silver window screen. You will have to do some trial and error cutting but I just have the screen shoved into the legs. There is enough room. Of course, it will depend how long your light is, mine is only 20" so the screen hardly dips in the middle.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
The type of window screen I tested was dark grey fiberglass "insect screen" from Home Depot. I know that type drops the PAR by 40% per layer. Other screens should also work, but not necessarily drop the PAR by 40%.

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
I use black fiberglass window screen. Comes in a huge roll for about $5. If one layer isn't enough (I'm not sure the kind I use cuts PAR by that much with my LEDs but it does with T5s), you can use multiple layers of screen.

I like to use glass tops with my tanks and I just lay the screen across the glass top. If you can't do that, you could use tape to secure the screen. That way it'll be easy to remove. Since the fixture is gray, you could probably even use duct tape without it being noticeable.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank all of you for the help. I'm going to Home Depot tomorrow to pick up some window screen. Ill let you guys know how it goes. I think I'm going to go the duck tape rout, as it is quick easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts