The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I saw two other posts for Utricularia graminifolia but for a different reason, hence creating a separate thread.

I can grow UG in soil, no problem there, but I am simply not able to make it attach to wood or rocks. Now I know for a fact they grow on rocks, wood and leaf litter in the wild. I have collected it from streams and seen them grow. Its always against the flow of water and very tightly stuck to the rocks. I can grow the same UG in the substrate but not on rocks, Any idea if anyone has had success getting it to grow on rocks?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Following because I'm pretty certain I'm the other person posting and am interested to see if anyone knows. Am having some success in soil, I'm attempting a couple clumps on mesh- if I can get it to take on that it may be a solution for you as well.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
UG isn't an epiphyte as far as I know. You can probably get it to grow on rocks like you can get a bonsai to root around a rock, but it's not like an anubias.

However, there are epiphytic utricularia if that's your thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.