The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple pieces of driftwood/ dragon stone that I'm having a hard time getting it to stay in place. I like it tilted at a angle and when I'm pruning they move. The dragon stone seems to just slowly tip over as well.
I was thinking of getting some square tiles drilling through and using stainless screws but I'm not sure if tile affects water quality?
I know people use slate but I have a hard time finding thin uniform pieces. Will any cheap glazed tiles work? Are any unsafe?

For the dragon stone thinking of using some plastic anchors and a masonry bit.

·
Registered
Low tech planted 29gallon with nano fish
8 Posts
Are you trying to have it stay in place at that angle while it's sitting in your substrate? I would recommend using RapidFuse glue to attach to another rock or wood... you could probably also use that to attach it to an anchor rock. It's safe and will dry in seconds,water activates it. You can find some YouTube vids on it

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you trying to have it stay in place at that angle while it's sitting in your substrate? I would recommend using RapidFuse glue to attach to another rock or wood... you could probably also use that to attach it to an anchor rock. It's safe and will dry in seconds,water activates it. You can find some YouTube vids on it
Yes, I'll look into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.