The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
This is possibly my first post here and it's likely to be a stupid question :laugh2:

I've just received some weeping moss which I intend to attach to a piece of bogwood with fishing line.

I also have a nice artificial rock made from Polyresin and I wondered if it's possible that the moss would take to that?

If I'm being stupid, say so - I did warn you all ^^^ :grin2:

·
Registered
835 Posts
fishing line works, also - sewing thread or LIGHT amounts of super glue.

I believe there is also aquarium-specific super glue....but have never used it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I recently started a tank and used cotton thread about the same color as my wood to attach some flame moss. I found it at wal mart. In another tank I used fishing line to attach some Anubias and Java Fern to some "fake" driftwood.

I also used the Seachem superglue to attach some african water fern to manzanita. Each method worked fine for me. Just a personal preference as to what way you want to do it.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I don't see why not that it wouldn't attach to the polyresin. It attaches to rock

For weeping moss though it won't adhere, emmersed maybe

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I cant get moss to attach to anything. I use black sewing thread and wrap it around several different types of wood. Moss grows, but never actually attaches... very frustrating.
What kind/type of moss?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Loctite Super Glue GEL is a great glue to use. I used it for years to attach Corals to Live Rock in my Reef Tank. Use it now to attach Anubias and Buce to driftwood in my Betta Tank. It is a thick glue, you just have to hold it a bit in place.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes, the loctite gel works well. It does take a little time to bond though. Model airplane hobbyists use baking soda to accelerate it, but I wouldn't recommend that since it produces a surprising amount of heat that would damage the moss.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.