The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have recently got a hold of an Atomic intense v3 regulator. It has a paintball adapter on it. I want to know should there be some sort of nylon or perma seal going from the cga320 => paintball adapter? and also should be there be some sort of nylon or perma seal going from paintball output => paintball tank? Should I have both tightened with a wrench ?

EDIT: Also step by step how would I install this on a paintball tank? I want to make sure I don't blow up my needle valve or reg. There is no way to adjust the opening on a paintball tank like there is on a 5# tank.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Does yours have the same adapters as mine (the blue part and the grey part below the blue, ignore my mods)? If so, make sure the blue adapter is screwed tightly (hand tight should be sufficient) to the regulator body. It will leak from there if they are not touching. I had to use teflon tape on the bottom adapter to stop a small leak I couldn't fix otherwise. If you go the teflon tape route, start the wrap at the end of the male threaded part, leaving a couple threads unwrapped and only wrap around twice. The idea being that you don't prevent parts from touching but seal any leaks. Check to see if there is a blue gasket on the inside of the bottom adapter (the part that would screw on to the paintball tank),if not you will have to find something that will fit. It sounds like the permaseal would do a good job. A nylon washer may do the job too. Also check the gasket on your paintball tank. If that is chewed up or missing it will leak. Then all you have to do is quickly screw the paintball tank on to the regulator. You may hear a very brief leak as you are doing this but if you get it on hand tight it should stop in a second.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct it is a v2. It looks exactly like your picture. So when I hook up the the paintball tank I should use a nylon or permaseal. Also when I am hooking it up should I have the needle valve open or closed? Turned counter clockwise or clockwise? Its my first reg thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes, you will need a gasket if there is no blue gasket in the bottom adapter. The blue gasket would be an o.e.m. part, but if it is gone you will need to replace it with something. When you are connecting the paintball tank it is best to have the solenoid open (plugged in) and the needle valve open (counter clockwise, if you turn it enough, you will see that the knob on the needle valve will rise) to protect the gauge in the regulator. Once you are hooked up to the paintball tank you can unplug the solenoid and close down the needle valve if you are not ready to start delivering co2 to the tank. Do not try to use the needle valve to shut the co2 flow off all the way, just very light finger tight, as this will probably damage the needle inside the valve and make it not perform well. Unplugging the solenoid will shut the flow of co2 off completely. Be aware that when the solenoid closes you may see bubbles in you bubble counter (if you have one) continue for a little while after it closes. This is normal and caused by residual pressure in the system. It will stop after a little while as long as the solenoid is working properly. Hope all of this makes sense. This was my first regulator as well. I really like it. Once I got it dialed in, it has been very consistent and headache free. I am still learning but happy to share what I can to help. Feel free to pm me if you have other ?'s
P.S. where in NC are you (if you don't mind me asking)?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cary/Raleigh/Durham area

Bump: Can you show me the gasket you are talking about? Do you have a picture? There is a rubber o ring on the tip of my paintball tank but the paintball connection where i put the tank into has no rubber in there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't have a pic of that gasket. If you don't have one in there I would just use a nylon one. The rubber o ring on your paintball tank is what I was talking about as far as making sure it is there and in good shape. I have noticed that if I am not careful when attaching the regulator to the paintball tank, the threads on the regulator will cut through the o ring and then I have to replace it.
I occasionally visit your area to see friends and family. Do you recommend any specific local fish stores I should visit on my next trip?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fish room in cary or raleigh but they are nothing impressive. wish there was a fw planted specialty shop somewhere

1 - 10 of 10 Posts