The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen these sold online and I'm wondering if anyone here's had good results using them, and how it compares to say a diy reactor?

Up to now I've been diffusing co2 with glass diffusers and powerheads in 20-30g tanks, but wouldn't mind switching to one of these if I can remove more equipment from the line of sight, and get better diffusion.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
I have had horrible luck with them. You need to have 30+ psi and a good amount of flow. Even then they are cheaply made and difficult to clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have one, works great, never had any problems with it. They won't work on diy co2 though, you do need 30 psi but if you have a pressurized system that's not a problem.

It will cut down on the flow from the filter but if you have a canister with good flow that also shouldn't be too much problem.

I say go with it, one less thing to see in the tank.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
I have one, works great, never had any problems with it. They won't work on diy co2 though, you do need 30 psi but if you have a pressurized system that's not a problem.

It will cut down on the flow from the filter but if you have a canister with good flow that also shouldn't be too much problem.

If you have a quality pressurized system it's not a problem. A lot of the hobby grade regulators do not have enough pressure to run this. Definetly research your reg before going this route.

Another option to keep equip. out of the tank is a rg(rex griggs) or cerges style reactor

I wish "binford" made aquarium equipment!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

I have two pressurized systems with two 10lbs tanks. One has a micromatic reg and the other a cornelius reg.

If you have a quality pressurized system it's not a problem. A lot of the hobby grade regulators do not have enough pressure to run this. Definetly research your reg before going this route.

Another option to keep equip. out of the tank is a rg(rex griggs) or cerges style reactor

I wish "binford" made aquarium equipment!
I'm sure my regs can handle the working pressure. Maybe if I went with an inline diffuser followed by a diy reactor, I wonder if that would disolve the co2 any better?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts