The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sorry if this has been addressed before but couldn't find any results through my search. I have setup a GLA atomic inline diffuser in my intake of my canister.
Since co2 lowers ph and creates acid (carbonic acid?) will the acid damage my canister? seals o rings etc.. any thoughts? Thanks.

maybe i found my answer after all

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=164862

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Are you putting the diffuser on the intake side of your canister? Not sure why you would want to do it that way? I use this in-line diffuser on one of my tanks but it is placed on the out put line. There is no issue with CO2 causing an issue with destroying parts, but there can be an issue with injecting air bubbles into a canister. Some will not do to well with it.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Are you putting the diffuser on the intake side of your canister? Not sure why you would want to do it that way? I use this in-line diffuser on one of my tanks but it is placed on the out put line. There is no issue with CO2 causing an issue with destroying parts, but there can be an issue with injecting air bubbles into a canister. Some will not do to well with it.
Read the thread, get enlightened. :bounce:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=538921

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
I don't intend to change my setup. I'm okay with the way it is and on 125g setup a few micro bubbles at one of the tank doesn't bother me - if that is what I would be giving up. It takes me less than 2min to see those bubbles by the way, but I do have it set to 35psi.

CO2 injection on the intake side IMO maximizes gas absorption and decreases the visits to Sports Authority for paintball tank refills.

That's good input though about 2 min delay for micro bubbles to become visible. The long drawn out explanation I contributed is why I think it takes so long for micro bubbles to show up in my tank.

If it works for you go with it. :bounce:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.