The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally broke down and bought one. I debated for months on this style of diffuser because I wasnt interested in the misting effect. I also wasnt willing to spend the $21.99 + Shipping so I went the ebay route.

I purchased this diffuser for 11.99 with free shipping

This is compared to this product for twice the price.

Installed it last night and it chops up the bubbles so much better than my traditional glass diffuser. Glad there are alternatives.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
My GLA diffuser worked very well, but you will need to clean it at least once a month, otherwise the diffusing rate is reduced. i never tried one from ebay, not sure if there is any difference.

however i did try the inline diffuser from ebay and it worked very well.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm picking up an inline diffusor from eBay to try soon. The ceramic diffusors are ok, however, they grow algae very fast, being a white surface inside your tank, and some of the eBay models I've found put out terrible bubbles, way too large to mist.

I really wish there was more information about what is the best way to go, but I think inline diffusion is the best because it gives you the mist without having anything to clean inside your tank. Let's hope the inline diffusor I picked up from eBay for only $0.99 plus $8.99 shipping actually works...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
yes these diffusers work alright, several people have had issues with them but mine came in an worked fine the only quam i had was the ends where they seal to the ceramic didnt seal 100% there was a tiny blow by but for the price it did what i needed it to. now vs the bazooka style hands down much more pleased, but at least there are more an more options out there for everyone an thier budgets.

·
Registered
706 Posts
its hit or miss, i bought several on evilbay and 1 blew out the plastic endcap immediately, while most of the others simply didnt work at all. even with the pressure turned up to 60psi. the one that did work is ok, but buying a bunch to find one that will work is not effective. just went and got some from GLA and also Niki and they all work fine. thats just my experience, and i know a couple of others that had their cheapo ones work just fine. with the cheap china knockoffs, its a crap shoot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a cheap one off of ebay blow off the endcaps at 28psi after a weeks usage while I was away - killed all my tetras and browned some plants, ph after co2 blowout was in 4's. Upset I didn't go with the GLA one.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
I have a GLA one... Its been soaking for 3 days now in a mixture of water and rubbing alcohol... and its still not working, before my CO2 system had went down it was working fine, and maybe sat a week or two without CO2 running through it.... so not sure why its not working :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.