The Planted Tank Forum banner

'Assorted Crypt' ID

410 10
I bought this as 'assorted crypt'. Does anyone know what it is?

Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Flowering plant Twig
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6g office nano, 20g cube, 29g cherry shrimp, 2 x 40g breeder community and 75g in the works
784 Posts
looks like balance maybe? I'm kind of guessing...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input! Definitely not balansae. I have balansae, and even the young leaves are dark green and wavy. These ones are light green and perfectly flat.

I am now thinking retrospiralis, but the jury is still out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’m not sure on the ID, but had to say hi Frank, you gave me some advice on a planted C saulosi tank in another forum years ago and I JUST was reading it over today as I am going to do that tank, what a coincidence!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts

Look at the photo in the second row all the way on the right. That's what nearly all spiralis in culture looks like submersed. It's has much broader leaves than the plant pictured. The next row of photos shows a plant that's quite similar to crispatula var. flaccidifolia but as far as I'm aware, we've not had anything like that outside of Europe. The plant in question here is overwhelmingly likely to be crispatula var. flaccidifolia. If you really want to know for sure, you will need to flower it.

Thanks for the input! Definitely not balansae. I have balansae, and even the young leaves are dark green and wavy. These ones are light green and perfectly flat.

I am now thinking retrospiralis, but the jury is still out.
Definitely not retrospiralis, a highly specialized and seasonal plant not actually even grown in aquariums. See here:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts