The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a slight (nothing bad) unwanted snail population in my tank. I don't wanna use copper but would like to try out some assassin snails. Anyone ever tried these? Will they reproduce like crazy? Will they be ok in a group with me having a large gold inca snail and some small blueberry shrimp?

Thanks!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Assassin snails may reproduce pretty rapidly, but they may not. In my experience, in some tanks they reproduce fairly rapidly and in other they do not. I haven't been able to figure out the variables that affect this.

It's possible the assassins will kill your inca snail. I've kept assassins with red cherry shrimp without issue. It's possible they kill shrimp occasionally, but I've never seen it.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have nerites with assassins and they haven't bothered those. The assassins will not breed out of control like pond snails or MTS. I've had a small population explosion once or twice, then nothing more. Just gave me enough to spread them around to other tanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.