The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 30 gal tank which has 4 assassin snails and 15 red cherry shrimp in it.

I have been watching the assassin snails "hook up" quite often which I assume is mating. I have not found any egg sacks (like I would the rams horn I had before).

I saw tons of tiny little creatures crawling on the wall of the tank which I thought were babies.

A few days later, they are all gone.

Could they have all moved into the substrait, or do you think the AS snails or the RCS could have eaten them?

If they moved under ground, when do you think they will surface again?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Eggs llook like this, laid singularly in rows usually within hardscape, at the base of stems, or inside sponge filter crevices:
Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Aquatic plant Flowering plant

The babies look like the adults, only very very small. Initially they are grain of sand size but have the characteristic conical shape. Striping is not always visible initially.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have definitely never seen those anywhere in the tank.

Would you suggest I put stem plants in to allow them to lay their eggs on?

I have a ceramic house that I can put into there, do you think that would help in the egg laying process?

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
you don't usually see the babies for a few months after hatching. They seem to hang out in the substrate then emerge at baby mts size after a few months.

They do seem to form pairs, however, so its easy to know when they are mating :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.