The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some info on how long assassin snails carry eggs and how long it takes for the eggs to hatch?

Just noticed 6 eggs in my tank today and I'm getting excited lol!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New to this forum and hobby no need for the sarcasm guys.

Ive searched google images for the eggs and every picture I have found the same as mine have been said to be assassin snail eggs thanks anyway for the info and sarcasm much appreciated!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have about 500 assassin snails and I have never seen an egg, I'm not sure if I'm just not seeing them, but I haven't seen any. How many adults do you have? are there still pest snails in there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have 4 adults in the tank.

They are not in a cluster they are spread out (I should have mentioned that). Mr ed that is exactly them in the video thanks for the info to! Looks like I'm in for a long wait lol.

When I am cleaning the substrate do I need to take precautions so I don't harm the babies when they hatch ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
ive got around 10 assassins in my tank,and ive seen there little square eggs.i have sand so cant tell if the babies are around when i suck up the fish waste.seen the babies going up the glass tho,just like grans of sand moving around.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm very unhappy with my assassins at the moment. I have 2 in my shrimp tank and currently *had* 5 very fat and happy pregnant RCS and woke up this morning to see an assassin snail sucking the guts out of my most firey red shrimp :( picked the frickin thing up and basketball shot/threw it across the room into my other tank out of anger lol. It was a nice shot though ;P

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm very unhappy with my assassins at the moment. I have 2 in my shrimp tank and currently *had* 5 very fat and happy pregnant RCS and woke up this morning to see an assassin snail sucking the guts out of my most firey red shrimp :( picked the frickin thing up and basketball shot/threw it across the room into my other tank out of anger lol. It was a nice shot though ;P
"It was a nice shot though."LOL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.