The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if Assassin snails can hide in the substrate? I haven't seen mine for hte last 2 or 3 days and I don't have alot of places I can't see in my tank. I've checked outside the tank and in my stand also thinking they may have wandered through one of my lily pipe opening in the stand.

Any ideas?

Craig

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they not on the carpet either? I have nerites escape all of the time and they are always on the carpet.
Nope. :icon_conf Still count my 6 Nerites even though sometime a couple hang at hte top of the tank I've never found them outside the tank. :cool: Starting to get peeved that they are missing. I really liked the looks of htem.

Craig

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
They hide in the substrate all the time. They only come out to feed. Small assassins hide even more so than adults.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Peek a boo ........ hiding. Mine does.

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found mine after pulling the wood scape out and finding them hiding in the wood where it all comes together. one is tip top shape the other seems a bit retarded not sure what is wrong with it. Guess I will keep an eye on them both lots of snails for them to eat yet.

Craig

1 - 11 of 11 Posts