The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what parameters do you guys keep your Asian stone catfish at?

I'm thinking of getting some so I wanted to ask

Are these parameters fine (they are my parameters)
16 gh
4-5 kh
7.6 ph

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Definitely think this is a good fit 😁👍 just make sure to slowly drip acclimate. Love those little guys. Make sure there's some driftwood, but I definitely think stone cats are an option here.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I will, I will. Oh also another question, will these guys be fine on bloodworms? Or is that not enough? I have other foods I will feed them as well. :)
You're going to want to vary their diet a little, but they definitely love bloodworms. I usually do blood and black worms, river shrimp and frozen omnivore food. Sometimes they'll take sinking catfish pellets. I love it when they accept catfish pellets lol.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You're going to want to vary their diet a little, but they definitely love bloodworms. I usually do blood and black worms, river shrimp and frozen omnivore food. Sometimes they'll take sinking catfish pellets. I love it when they accept catfish pellets lol.
Lol yeah, I have a bunch of shrimp food I didnt get to use would that work? I also have some hikari crab cuisine as well. Would they also eat the leftovers from my other fish?

I think im gonna do 4 asian stone catfish and 5 blue daisy's rice fish

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If they'll take bloodworms, try them on other foods like blackworms and white/grindal worms (perfect size for hiding from the parents...). Oh! Or Hikari Vibra bites!
Yeah lol parents for sure would find out... But i have frozen bloodoworms, hikari micro pellets, and other shrimp pellets ig they would eat those. I heard that the rice fish will spawn every week at least so they might get their fair share of eggs and baby fry

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I wanna say 5 years. It was right before I stopped breeding apistos, I know that, and they were a godsend. Found them before I found first bites, believe it or not lol.
Ok cool! I was like “I don’t remember vibra bites being around circa 2014 or earlier...how far back is ‘back in the day’ ??”

Agreed that first bites are a godsend. I raised so many convicts on that stuff...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.