The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would share some pics of some newly added Cherries as well as my Asian Filter Shrimp... By the way what is that yellow stuff inside some of the cherries' bodies?

·
Banned
582 Posts
Nice shrimp! I also keep RCS with Atyopsis moluccenis. How many do you have? I have roughly 100 RCS and 14 Atyopsis moluccenis. I'm currently setting up a larger tank for them.

The yellow in the RCS bodies are egg-filled ovaries, which is a good sign, and a definate indication of a female.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Cool tank! The yellow is the "Saddle" or eggs in the ovaries. When that appears I hope it's a female -.-

-Andrew

·
Registered
200 Posts
Nice!

I keep my reds with filter feeders, cept mine are Atya Gabonensis. Looks like you will be having some nice pregnant ladies soon, those are some big yellow saddles. Good luck with the babies!

btw your avatar reminds me of a Philippines Tarsier, that wants to attack me. Its kinda freaky.

·
Banned
582 Posts
How small is your filter shrimp? She looks small next to that RCS.

Congrats on your first berried RCS!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How small is your filter shrimp? She looks small next to that RCS.

Congrats on your first berried RCS!
The AFS is about 1.5-2". I bought it at Petsmart because it was the smallest and was missing an eye (left eye). It has grown slowly, but it healthy. I have had it for about 2 months now I think.

I will keep posting pictures but I really need to get a better camera. If I had a better camera with a nice lens then I could take some AWESOME pictures. The digital camera that I have is about 8 years old (one of the first) and is very very limited in what it can do.

Yea unfortunately this morning I saw the same berried CRS (maybe it was another one) and it seems like it lost about half of its eggs :(

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yes! wood, thank you for asking that ? about the yellow, now i know i have mostly females!
now, to find some more males.
nEAT SHRIMPS.fILTER SHRIMP RULE, My pinstripe shrimp recently died:( due to some"invert safe" ich meds, that didn't kill snails nor ghost shrimp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts