The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got bored of my previous tank and am doing a full rescape.

Here it was like before:

NEW:

I'm hoping the plants will grow healthy and fill in the gaps so I can then sculpt and rearrange.

Front:

Right angle:

Left Front:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aye the lotuses are the best part of the tank so far. The other sections have too many gaps and need quit a bit of growth.

I have 2x 36watt T5 on it. 3 bulbs are 6700k 1 is a "daylight" bulb. I like the mix of the daylight and 6700k better than pure 6700k. Might swap out one more 6700k for a daylight.

CO2 is Hagen yeast mixes. I want to setup a full (with ph monitor) GLA system later when I have spare funds to put into the aquarium.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll add some midground plants in the empty spaces. Probably something very green since the rest are kinda reddish and orangish. Any recommendation on any such plants? Something that will preferably not grow tall and is kinda bushy?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be out of the country for a month after next sunday with no one left to tend to the tank. I'm going to take before and after pictures of the impending disaster :)

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I'll add some midground plants in the empty spaces. Probably something very green since the rest are kinda reddish and orangish. Any recommendation on any such plants? Something that will preferably not grow tall and is kinda bushy?
You just basically described HM. Perfect plant for those requirements, and exactly what I'll be using in my 20-long for the same reasons. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.