The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mountains to Sea Aquariums (Mountains To Sea Aquariums) has some freshwater stuff but is mostly salt/reef stuff. The owner is really cool and seems to know her stuff. She has a small selection of plants, fish and shrimp. The store moved not too long ago and is a bit of a work in progress, but fish and shrimp look healthy. The plants can go either way. She will order things for you though. Mostly there is Petco & Petsmart. There is a store called Fish and Pets in Hendersonville that is very hit or miss. Study what you are thinking of buying from there. They often have many tanks full of sick and dead fish along with some of the most lush BBA I have ever seen. Fish & Pets just went through an owner change so maybe things will improve. Unfortunately when Petco and Petsmart came to town most of the mom & pop stores closed. I think the reef folks are the ones that help keep Mountains to Sea going mostly. WNC Aquarium & Imports in Fletcher has dry goods but their fish selection is often worse than a bad week at Petsmart unless you are looking for big fish. The plants are even worse. The Petco in Hendersonville occasionally has some fish and shrimp that you won't find at the Asheville location. Pickin's can be mighty slim in these parts.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Thanks a bunch. I will check out the mountains to sea.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I highly recommend this place. I stopped by during Christmas vacation - and ended up chatting with the owner for nearly an hour. She is terriffic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.