The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a really clean anubias from someone on the board so I asked how did he keep it that way.

Nerite snails.

Of course I liked the idea of algae free plants too, so I ordered some for myself. I then read on the board that they can leave eggs over the leaves and such. Thinking well, how many could a few snails leave?

Well, now that I've got them, WOW, the little white eggs are EVERYWHERE! On the glass, on the plants, ARGGGGHHHH! :angryfire The tank glass is a little cleaner but now I have white eggs scattered on it! They stick on pretty good too and it takes quite a bit of elbow grease to get them off, not good when you have plants and wood in the way!

How do you guys with nerites remove the eggs and keep the glass clean? I feel I traded one problem for another :(.

Tina

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they will dissappear after time.

You just kind of get used to them after a while
I guess they are even more noticeable on the glass of this tank since it's a room divider tank and the eggs are larger than life when viewed from one side to the other :(. I guess they're really happy leaving rabbit pellet like white eggs peppered everywhere!

Tina

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.