The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking to upgrade my lighting, not drastically but a small upgrade.

I have a Fluval Roma 200, heavily planted with Anubias, crypts and S.Repens. The original T8 bulbs are slowly growing the plants but not to their full potential.

I've wanted to switch to leds but Cannot afford the good ones. I found these on eBay.

It says 0.50 watts x 60, which = 30w. I am wondering if these are any better than what I'm running already.

(Remove this text)http://m.ebay.ie/itm/EA-90-6500K-LED-36-0-50W-60x-LEDs-Aquarium-Light-Freshwater-Plant-Discus-Tetra-/291415747795

·
Registered
104 Posts
So just to be clear you currently have 2x T8s in a 200L (aka 55gallon though slightly deeper 24" tank).

I do not think 30w of LEDs will come anywhere near the amount of light you currently have if you are looking to replace them with that...now if you are looking to add those LEDs in addition too the T8s...well they are still very weak and won't add much light down that deep.

Others here will be able to answer specifics better but I'd suggest adding a polished reflector to your current lighting if you do not have one for the best bang for your buck as it were.

·
Registered
13,078 Posts
I've been looking to upgrade my lighting, not drastically but a small upgrade.

I have a Fluval Roma 200, heavily planted with Anubias, crypts and S.Repens. The original T8 bulbs are slowly growing the plants but not to their full potential.

I've wanted to switch to leds but Cannot afford the good ones. I found these on eBay.

It says 0.50 watts x 60, which = 30w. I am wondering if these are any better than what I'm running already.

(Remove this [Ebay Link Removed] 90 6500K LED 36" 0 50W 60X Leds Aquarium Light Freshwater Plant Discus Tetra | eBay[/url]
I assume you are running something like this now:
One Power-Glo Fluorescent Aquarium Tube 30W 91.44cm (36in) T8
One Aqua-Glo Fluorescent Aquarium Tube 30W 91.44cm (36in) T8
So 60W of t8 approx.
39x16x24 inches for us here in the US.. ;)
53gal..

will get back to this..

Reactions: Pattern8

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am using the Fluval Eco Bright LED's to replace my T8's in my Roma 240. They are great as they just insert into the T8 connectors. I have no issue with depth of light and my plants are doing fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.