The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up these 5 CRS for 4 bucks TOTAL(I'm thinking its a good deal). Not sure what they are. I want to say they are S grade because of the 4 lines. But there is one of them that looks a little funky.

And yes I am keeping them with tigers/blue tigers under the knowledge that it is very possible they will interbreed. I know this issue is pretty divided here but I don't plan on selling the offspring unless I tell whoever wanted to buy them that they were in a tank with tigers or vice versa. Otherwise these guys are for my viewing pleasure :) If in the future when I want to sell it then I will keep tanks pure.

So could anyone help me verify the grading on these guys?

This is the weird one. It almost looks tiger like?

3 and 4

Also is this the saddle on a shrimp?

·
Registered
684 Posts
That first one looks to me like a C grade.

The 2nd looks like a S+ Tiger tooth

3 and 4 look like S grades.

That last one is a saddle so its a female.

That is a GREAT Deal btw. Hey if you can do you think you could get more of those funky ones and send em over to me? I'm looking for those kinds.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First one probably C grade, too much clear, second one S+ tiger tooth, 3rd and 4th decent S grade and yes that's a saddle on the yellow.
Ok I was looking at the chart and couldn't tell but C grade sounds good. Not sure what the parents on the colony were and if these were just lower grades getting thrown out but the look good. I like that tiger tooth one!

That first one looks to me like a C grade.

The 2nd looks like a S+ Tiger tooth

3 and 4 look like S grades.

That last one is a saddle so its a female.

That is a GREAT Deal btw. Hey if you can do you think you could get more of those funky ones and send em over to me? I'm looking for those kinds.
If I get more funky CRS or more funky CRSxtiger hybrids? Let me know and I'll be sure to PM you if these will breed :)

Yes, that is a saddle. :)

Possible C grade CRS on pic 1? However, I'm still learning as well.
Does this mean that babies are possible in the near future!? Yes would be a great answer to this question.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Ok I was looking at the chart and couldn't tell but C grade sounds good. Not sure what the parents on the colony were and if these were just lower grades getting thrown out but the look good. I like that tiger tooth one!

If I get more funky CRS or more funky CRSxtiger hybrids? Let me know and I'll be sure to PM you if these will breed :)

Does this mean that babies are possible in the near future!? Yes would be a great answer to this question.
Saddle only means she has egg's store in her, there has to be yellow male for her to mate with and once she mates, the saddle will go away and the fertilized eggs will appear underneath her.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saddle only means she has egg's store in her, there has to be yellow male for her to mate with and once she mates, the saddle will go away and the fertilized eggs will appear underneath her.
Oh ok so this usually happens at molts right? Thats when fertilization takes place?

Neos and cards as a rule don't mate together. ;)
Yep :) I knew that haha I was talking about the CRS and the tigers together. I am debating taking one of them out but I am interested to see what they will produce.

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe it's just me, but I think your CRS look like Tibees. F1 tibees can be hard to tell, and look every bit like CRS or Tigers.
If they are indeed tibees, I do like the first one a lot! The tiger tooth looking CRS is nice as well.

Curious what the orange shrimp is...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2
It's a plain old orange neo I think. I am planning on getting some yellows to compliment to get a little brightness in the tank :)

That first one looks like a tibee to me as well, but not positive.
I want to find more pictures about tibees but it's tough to find them for tiger/blue tiger and CRS.

I'm pretty sure its a C grade crs. It's my favorite grade so I have a bunch xD

Tigers and crystals? Some tibees in the future.
It's wavering between who thinks its what. Me personally thought it was weird since it looked like it had stripes but it could be a C grade. I'll see what happens come breeding time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.