The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m pretty new to planted tanks having made the switch from plastic to live plants a couple weeks ago. A few of my plants aren’t looking so hot.

https://imgur.com/a/usAH2Ty

The first picture is some Val that looks really bad to me. I didn’t know that excel was bad for it until after I’d already put in a couple small doses. The second is a dwarf chain sword where it turned completely brown on me so I trimmed back everything but I can’t tell if that’s new growth or not. The third is a crypt where I trimmed back everything since I heard it was a good way to jump start the plant because they often lose all their leaves to melt anyways. I’m mainly concerned about having big rotting plants and sources of ammonia that aren’t good and trying to rescue dead plants. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Dwarf chain sword and crypt look dead but they shouldn't release too much ammonia so I'd say just leave them in and see what happens.

Val looks a bit hurt but plenty of green so it should recover

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.