The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
those are planaria worms. nothing to worry about your fish will love eating them good source of protien.
What makes you say they are planaria worms rather than just normal detritus worms? I couldn't see close enough on the video to be sure, but from their wiggling I would have said *not* planaria.

@Desperado070 - Google "planaria" and see if they look like what you have. Triangle shaped head and cross-eyes are give away. If not, they're just normal harmless detritus worms. Planaria may or may not be an issue depending upon what livestock you have in the tank, but be 100% sure they're not something completely harmless before considering any sort of chemical treatment which can easily do more harm that good!

Regards, James

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea it is in a older tank which went down in livestock from 20 to only 5.
Saw them worms already before in tanks that I no longer used and was to busy to empty them out at that moment.
So I guess this is kinda the same, they looking for food but only thing in the tank are 5 guppies and snails.
Don't even see them beside when I was cleaning the window so probably one woulda been on the cleaner. (the video)

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts