The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been running one bulb in my dual bulb T5HO AquaticLife fixture for as long as I've had it. Is there any downside to doing this in terms of damaging the fixture? The lighting has been just fine and haven't noticed any problems.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, i also have an aquaticlife, and am interested in taking one of the bulbs out as i haven't pressured CO2.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had the same question, so I e-mailed WavePoint, the manufacturer of my light fixture and got the following response:

Removing one bulb may cause the other that is connected to the same ballast (to) fail prematurely. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me directly.

I think he meant TO fail prematurely

·
Registered
672 Posts
for the record, I have a t5ho ballast from hagen and it is a double fixture.....the fixture will not work with only a single bulb....at least mine wont...perhaps yours may be different

·
Registered
68 Posts
The response from wavepoint doesn't even make sense.... It should not cause any problems.

Just repeating what they said ........

If a ballast is rated to power 2 bulbs and you only power one, will that overpower the one bulb causing premature failure??

·
Registered
68 Posts
for the record, I have a t5ho ballast from hagen and it is a double fixture.....the fixture will not work with only a single bulb....at least mine wont...perhaps yours may be different
I guess it would depend if the bulbs are wired from the ballast in series or in parallel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts