The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
So, are they actually that hard? What are your arguments for and/or against shrimp?
Neo caridina shrimps are quite easy to keep. The only problem is the water stability and sometimes contaminations in water which they are more sensitive to than most fishes.
For instance, if you are using tape, there is a chance that your water is not compatible with them And there is also the problem of stability of your tape water. But if you can get RO water and remineralize it then there isn't much that can go wrong.
They aren't picky about their food either.

· Registered
33 Posts
I will definitely look into a RO system because the well water here is terrible. I currently have to use bottled water for my tank.
That will probably be your best investment in the hubby. Water remineralized by Salty Shrimp is just so perfect for shrimps. Back when I was using tape, they seemed to be doing fine but then after changing to RO and SS gh/kh they became like 10 times more active.
If I had an open paludarium will the shrimp climb out? I'm pretty sure they won't and I heard that if they are trying to escape that means something is wrong with the water. Is this true?
They don't try to escape if they like the water but if there is a path of water stream, than some may try to climb that. But no more than that. They always keep close to water.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts