The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of possibly keeping Blue or green Rili shrimp. But im not sure how hardy they are. I am keeping the following shrimp now: RCS, CRS, blue pearls, Sunkist or orange and I just got OEBT's.

everything is doing fine. what shrimp could I keep these with?

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
They are a neo, so you don't want to keep them with the RCS or blue pearls, but should be fine with CRS, sunkist and OEBT. I would assume they are fairly hardy like most neo's. FYI, sunkist won't breed for you in case you didn't know. They need the salt-water for babies thing.

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are a neo, so you don't want to keep them with the RCS or blue pearls, but should be fine with CRS, sunkist and OEBT. I would assume they are fairly hardy like most neo's. FYI, sunkist won't breed for you in case you didn't know. They need the salt-water for babies thing.
they are def not sunkist then because I have babies. they are orange though.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
What tanks do you have and what shrimp all together? lol. basically no neocardinas with any other neocardinas and no cardinas with no cardinas.

Yellows, reds, pearls, rilis are all neos and will crossbreed like bunnies and go back to wild colors and ruin any colors.

Tigers and crystals are cardina and will crossbreed but not as readily as neo's. I know lots of people that have kept OEBT's in their crystal tanks and never had a tibee. Most figure the tibee's and back crossing with other crystals, tigers, goldens, is where pandas/king kongs/wine reds/blue bolts come from, but no one really says exactly how they made them originally. From most reading online, most people who get a tibee force the situation by putting on a crystal female and a bunch of tiger males together and sooner or later they will do the deed, but in a mixed tank with both, they seem to stick to their own kind. I'm in the process of setting up a 20gal for my crystals and tigers. If I get any tibees I'll put them out, but I doubt I will really. 14 tigers, about 30 crystals, they will probably stick to their own.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
That's a yellow shrimp, basically a mutated cherry shrimp selectively bred for its yellow color. Not an orange though.
There is a strain of neos that are actually orange and are kept and sold as such. We had a thread about it about a month ago. When they are photographed they tend to show up looking just like yellows unless the photographer or the camera is good. I think that it was Zid's thread maybe but don't quote me on that but the seller showed up in the thread to provide a high quality photo and the purchaser agreed that it was representative of what they looked like in real life (orange).

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
BTW, Rili shrimp would be more desireable (in terms of value, market demand, etc.) than the yellows - especially if you get green or blue rilis so you would probably want to assign them to tanks based upon that value (focus on the health and reproduction of the more desireable shrimp).

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Yes i do remember that. Guess it depends what the OP bought them as in the first place. He said sunkist at first and whats known as orange sunkist need brakish water for the babies. either way, if its a neo everything I said above still stands.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.