The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I noticed there is a large online aquatic plant vendor called Aquatic Magic which also sells on Ebay. I noticed that they ship from Johor, Malaysia to the USA. Now, I'm no genius or anything, but I am wondering if this is kosher or not. I mean, are there issues with buying a living plant from a foreign country and having it shipped here? What is the deal with this?

I'm asking because I may or may have not purchased some moss from an ebay vendor before realizing his/her location...

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Hi bruinhd,

You are absolutely correct, it is illegal to import plants into the United States without having an import license. Also, the company in question does not ship plants with the required Phytosanitary certificate. To get around it they mislabel the shipments as glassware or some other type of hard-goods.

The good news is they don't get in trouble if the shipment is caught, you do. Trust me, you do not what to be on the Customs and USDA lists and ever travel out of the country.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.