The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello
Awhile back I began to use DIY CO2 and my Vals began to spread rather fast which is great but I noticed they are not as green/lush as the vals I have seen here.

I do not use any supplements other than 10% weekly water change, nothing in tank yet as plan on getting shrimp but wanted to get the plant situation mastered before adding shrimp.

Either way are they lacking iron or impossible to tell? I mention the iron as the new leaves look "veiny" bit clear.

Any supplement suggestions which is shrimp safe ,would be welcomed . I only have gravel and no clay,etc under it.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
No, when plants are planted of course you'll cut their roots, some leaves were damaged and it will adjust to its new environment. Just wait and it will jump back

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
If you are providing CO2 and nothing else and there is nothing in the tank pooping then the plants are starving for everything except light, water and carbon and whatever calcium and magnesium is in the water. They need nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and a whole lot of micronutrients like iron.

They may never be as dark as they came as commercially grown plants probably get more of everything than we give them. More light especially.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are providing CO2 and nothing else and there is nothing in the tank pooping then the plants are starving for everything except light, water and carbon and whatever calcium and magnesium is in the water. They need nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and a whole lot of micronutrients like iron.

They may never be as dark as they came as commercially grown plants probably get more of everything than we give them. More light especially.

Thank you.

yes, nothing is pooping in the tank as have not decided on what I am going to put in it and wanted to get the CO2 thing down pact as not to cause PH swings,etc .

I am going to net out some endlers livebearer males I have in yard today and put them in tank to see how things go with fish being fed and adding fertilizer to plants.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.