·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a lot of research and I feel that I am getting myself more confused

I have a 65-gallon aquarium with a 20-gallon sump filter,

I am on day four of cycling my aquarium, I'm doing a 50% water change today

I used about an 1 inch Organic miracle grow under an inch of gravel,

So my question is are two 60watt CFL fluorescent (6500K) lights 7 inches above my tank strong enough for my plants and are my lights too high up

I'm running my lights 12 hours a day

So WPG is 1.78? No CO2)

3 Jungle Val
2 Anubias
2 Jave Fern
A purple dwarf lily
4-5 Amazon Swords
Java Moss

I have one or two more I just can think of the name ( Grass like in the left-hand corner and the tall guy in the middle)

The picture is from day one so the water does look better

Attachments

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
It is best not to post the same question in two different forums. I answered this in the low tech forum, except that you didn't provide as much information there. You probably need at least 26 watt bulbs (real watts, not equivalent watts), and the lights need to be closer to the top of the tank.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honesty this was my first post and I didn't know if it actually posted

But thank you for responding to my other post asking if 2 65 watt bulbs were strong enough... I'm gonna lower the lights to 5 inches tomorrow and get 2 75 watts bulbs

·
Registered
143 Posts
you might also want to start with a fewer or lower photo period and increase as you go. like start at 6 hours and increase gradually but also judge by how the plants/algae respond to the light

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.