The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,763 Posts
That is amazing. I have to remove my fry/eggs and the breeding material they spawn over (java moss) in order to get any fry and mine breed routinely. If I would not do this I doubt I would have any fry. But I heard this from other people before, so I wonder if my L134s, my bamboo shrimp, assassin snails or my otos eat the eggs. Since last spring I stopped harvesting the eggs and not a single little one made it. I stopped harvesting the eggs because I could not make it to any club meetings during the summer and from experience they do not ship very well and I had enough for myself. I have another group in a tank with some Amano shrimp and one black morpho tetra and no little ones there either but I know the tetra will eat them all. All he eats is live food. So he is sustained with CPD fry and Amano shrimp zoe and I rarely have to feed him.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
I have sand/fine grain substrate in their tanks, maybe that is the problem or the good thing, depending on which way you look at it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.