The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what I'm doing wrong with my new glofish, since everyday one of them dies.
While my water is testing perfect, and my neon tetras that are in the same tank are healthy and not bothering them, these darn fish won't live! :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ph is 6.5, ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates are low but not 0.
I acclimated them by scooping tank water in their bag over about an hour's time.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Might add a couple drop's of dechlorinator such as Prime(which detoxifies ammonia) to the bag while acclimating.
I have not kept these man made fish,but have cared for danio's a few times and they seem to like cooler temp's and more alkaline water.
But as I said,,these are man made mutant fish, and may be weaker overall than regular danio's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Might add a couple drop's of dechlorinator such as Prime(which detoxifies ammonia) to the bag while acclimating.
I have not kept these man made fish,but have cared for danio's a few times and they seem to like cooler temp's and more alkaline water.
But as I said,,these are man made mutant fish, and may be weaker overall than regular danio's.
Thanks, I did add Prime to the bag and the tank temp is 77, I'll try a water change. I'm just so upset that they didn't make it, especially at $6 a fish.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Ours have been just as hardy as your typical Zebra Danios. They have been surviving our bout of badluck with neons better then anyone.

Tank:
7.6 pH
180kH
300gH
nitrite 0ppm
nitrate 5ppm
ammonia 0ppm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info everyone, I will purchase a gh/kh test kit soon. Meanwhile, my last danio seems healthy and very active, if he's alive tomorrow I'll pick up some more glofish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts