The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started a gradual move of my endlers from an overstocked low tech 20g tank to a new 50g high tech that is 80% planted. In the low tech tank, the endlers have some current from an Aqueon 20 and Aqueon 30 HOB running. The new 50g tank has significantly more current with dual Aqueon canisters that are 200GPH each. With the CO2, I have created a current to make sure there is good circulation for plants and that livestock isn't gassed from any build up.

I have 15 endlers in the new tank now. There are places in the tank where the current is more mild and they can hold position easily, but even in those places their little tails wiggle much faster than in the old low tech tank. They are constantly working. There are lots of large rock, driftwood, and plants low in the tank that break the current, but they seem to prefer to hang in the column. They don't seem to avoid any particular place and seem to enjoy the areas of strong current at times.

Is this ok for endlers? They come from rivers that must have some movement but maybe not this strong. They seem ok so far but I don't want to burn them out. I'm assuming I need to adjust their diet upwards as they would burn more cals.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I haven't really had good experience with endlers in a high flow environment (nano reef tank). They seem more like a "slow moving river" fish than a "mountainous stream" fish to me. For now, I'd just make sure that they're eating, and feed a bit more (they're expanding a fair amount more energy to keep pace with the current).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.