The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

The vallisneria plants in my tanks all have melted leaves particular bad ones are the ones by the air stone.

Does this plant do poorly around air bubbles and/or when transplanted to a new location/tank?

If this plant has a issue with air bubbles or water movement, then I need to consider moving the air stone. Please let me know

Thanks.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I dont think air bubble has anything to do with this. And vals do better with good water flow. One thing to make sure while planting on the substrate, the node where the leaves should be above the substrate else it may melt. Also if you are dosing excel, it will melt the vals in no time.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have two types of vals in my tanks and one, red jungle melted completely. I think it's the excel personally. If it was the air stone, they all would be dead. I have heard that excel melts vals, but maybe just one type? In the picture, the ones next to the air aren't dying.

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
High dose will melt vals. But you assimilate them upto some extent by gradually increasing the dose. My vals initially started melting after reducing the dosage, I see runners. I have spiral val and the normal one (jungle)dnt know the species.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.