The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a bit of a silly question. I bought a custom-made Catalina fixture a few years ago, and it is high time to change the bulbs. I can't for the life of me remember if this was a HO fixture or not. I think it is, but I have Giesemann Powerchrome T5 bulbs in there, and they don't say anything about being HO. But I do seem to remember that all Giesemann bulbs are HO. Can someone confirm that? The German website only shows the bulbs that I have. Says nothing about NO/HO

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
As far as I know they are all HO. You can tell by checking the wattage, ie, 36" are 39w.

v3

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I think so too. Was not very happy with those bulbs and how long they lasted. They do well, just not for long it seems.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much, guys!

I've been pretty happy with mine as well. I am replacing mine after over two years. I should have done it earlier of course - colors and output aren't ideal anymore - but they did well for a pretty long time.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I had mine a little over a year (5000k) and noticed plant growth seemed to slow. Decided to change my bulbs out and my plants took off. The previous bulbs before them lasted over two years.

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
I had 2 duds so far. One burned out within 5 mins and I just found one that is barely dim after 6 months.

v3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts