The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 4 30w 6500k LED floods on my new 120g planted. I have them running 8 hours per day. Is that too much light without CO2? Should I switch out the 30w lights for 4 20w floods? If I keep the 30's will I need CO2? Will I need CO2 if I go down to 20's? Alternatively, should I just cut the hours in half? Thank you in advance for your lighting advice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
60"L x 24"D x 25"H. It has been up for a month and I have recently started to have issues with stunted and deformed new growth as well as large holes forming in old leaves that eventually fall off the plant. This is despite dosing with liquid ferts, root tabs, and haveing a 50/50 flourite/eco complete substrate. That is what makes me think that it is too much light. As for plants... Bacopa, various swords, anubias, java fern, ludwigia, and a few others. My ozelot sword is loving the tank. On the other hand, my pennywort has almost completely melted and is nearly extinct in the tank. I took it off the surface where I had it floating and pinned it near the bottom of the tank thinking it was too much light. It slowed the melting but there has been no new growth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.