The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I have an Archaea 27 watt light that I purchased from here http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=72_74&products_id=450

I have not had it for a long time, and it's a really nice light. Unfortunately though, I came home one day to find that one of the telescoping arms had failed and the light had partially fallen into the water. After drying it for a few days, I tried turning it on and it just flickers, won't fully light up.

I also tried to tighten the hinge that failed, but it won't tighten. It seems like maybe the screw broke, or something. I almost never adjust it, so it did not break from too much use.. it's just a defective arm.

I sent an email to Adana-usa.com where I bought it from but didn't even get a response from them, which is very disappointing. I always try to support smaller business before I go with the big brands, but it's hard to do when you know that the instant something goes wrong with, say a Marineland light, or something from Fluval or most of the larger companies, they will replace it for you, without a problem.

If anyone from adana-usa.com is here on these forums, please let me know if you can help. I really want to continue to support dedicated, smaller planted tank brands, but I can't afford to do so if your warranty is nonexistent.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They wern't with me, but everyone else says they are a good shop.

I have the 36w and have not had any of these issues. My light is over a year old. Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure my screws are tight when I get home.
Well, I just went though the "call the shop" thing, to deal with the problem. The owner is indeed awesome (if he's the owner.. a guy named "George" is who I dealt with).

The service was very very good, George was extremely helpful, and found a solution for me. I'm really happy that I bought from them, and will do in future.

:proud::proud:

TWO thumbs up for adana-usa.com

Oh, and the shipping is very reasonable, even to Hawaii. I have found my new favorite place to buy stuff!!!! :) :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.