The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some AR mini, Isoetes lacustris, and Italian Val to give away. Just need $8 via PayPal for shipping. Disclaimer: the plants may contain snails/eggs or/and minor algae.

Submit a post in this thread if interested. I'll randomly select a winner on Saturday night (6/4) at 8 PM EST and ship on Monday. If the randomly selected winner does not claim the RAOK within 24 hrs then it will be first come first served.

WYSIWYG
20160603_033805.jpg

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Nice looking plants!

Not entering the RAOK, but just wanted to ask since I've never seen anyone with Isoetes lacustris. I've heard it easily uproots constantly unless it's buried really deep (though that might have been said due to the light substrate used to anchor it down, or not...). Have you had the same experience?

Happen to have a pic of it in your tank? Was never sure if the needle/quill leaves waved around like Crinum calamistratum.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice looking plants!

Not entering the RAOK, but just wanted to ask since I've never seen anyone with Isoetes lacustris. I've heard it easily uproots constantly unless it's buried really deep (though that might have been said due to the light substrate used to anchor it down, or not...). Have you had the same experience?

Happen to have a pic of it in your tank? Was never sure if the needle/quill leaves waved around like Crinum calamistratum.
I have Aqua Soil Amazonia. The Octopus Plant is buoyant, but will stay down if I plant it deeply enough (you can see how deep in the photo, the portion of the base that's white). I don't have a pic at the moment, but a user over at the Barr Report (I believe his username is Saxa Tilly here at TPT) has some nice photos of it in his Dutch tank if you want to see what it looks like in a scape: Going Dutch with Aquasoil - Aquarium Plants - Barr Report - actually learned of the plant from following that journal. I have no experience with Crinum calamistratum, so can't offer a comparison.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Consider me interested! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Please consider me also!
My last stems of AR didn't make.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts