The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a quick question and washoping someone could offer some advice. I started a new 20 gallon tab back in December using the dry start method. I planted quite a bit of Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini' and monte carlo, everything went well. I flooded the tank back in Jan and the AR continued to grow really well. However over the last two weeks it has basically completely disintegrated and my monte carlo is starting to struggle also. The only changes i've made were to add a small group of 10 endlers and some snails. I'm injecting CO2, im running a twinstar 600, 0 Nitrites and 0 Nitrates, PH is 6.4, and KH is 2. The LFS said they only thing he could think was that my KH was too low and i need to bring that up. Does that sound right to anyone ? Is it possible for low KH to cause melting ? I'm dosing Niloc G thrive twice a week sine my nitrates are 0. My moss looks amazing, aside from that my growth is stunted. The first week after i planted Ludwidigia Arcuata it grew straight to the top, now it just shoot sideways, very slowly. Appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You need to dose more, nitrates need to be around 5 to 20 ppm. If your running out of nitrates you probably are running out of other items plants need.
Your KH is fine, don’t let nitrates drop to zero even after a water change you should still measure nitrates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.