The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea why this happened? i've always had issues with this plant growing correctly, but this time obviously something went very wrong.
leafs are literally dissolving, and get eaten by shrimps shortly after.

no3=20ppm
po4=0.5-1ppm
PH= 6.2 (without co2 its 7.2-7.6 damn ADA soil stopped buffering after half a year, im very disapointed in its quality)
TDS=200ppm
no idea on K and Fe levels (might be low)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Is this a recent purchase or something you've kept for a while? If its new, maybe you bought from someone who grew emmersed and not submerged?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hmm. A sudden melt if macros are ok would indicate CO2 problems. Did the growth become too thick ? Low flow ? Was the plant shadowded before and now it is exposed to light ? Changes in light or CO2 or flow patern ?

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
i did cut back on micro dosing actualy and last week i was away so no dosing at all.

do you have any specific microelement in mind that could lead to this?

Hard to understand, but I know for experience that ARs are very sensitive to traces. If they lack, leaves break apart, if they are too much, they stunt (toxicity). If you see no improvements without or low traces, I'd try to give them a boost of micro dosing and see what happens in a 2 weeks period. You should see improvements right away.

What do you use for micro dosing? CSM+B? Also: what's your GH and KH?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.