The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local Petsmart and saw an Aqueon 24" T5NO striplight for $60. I went online and think I found the same one for much less by Coralife (Aqualight) who was bought out by Aqueon (All-Glass).

However, the reflector in the older, Coralife fixture appears to be WHITE, while the one I saw @ PetSmart (Aqueon) was mirror reflector - def better!

Can someone confirm the reflector types? I'm not going to spend $40 to find out the Coralife has a white, painted reflector - I will be really bummed.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm pretty sure the old ones had some sort of crappy aluminum reflector as well, though perhaps someone else could chime in and confirm.

Coralife wasn't bought out by Aqueon, though they are both owned by the same parent company, who also own a number of other brands as well. They've been moving products and designs between their brands, some of those T5HO fixtures can also be found under the Zilla brand too.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I bought a 24" double T5NO Coralife when they were being phased out. It has a single mirror-like reflector, not a white one.

Mine is only about 6 months old, so maybe the older Coralife's had the white reflector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.