The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm relatively new to this and purchased a 37 gallon column tank that came with an aqueon led strip with 3 day white bulbs in working condition. I am more than willing to purchase another lighting option, but I simply cannot find the necessary information to know if the three bulbs would be adequate for lighting a planted aquarium. Would this be adequate? If not, does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Hello,
I'm relatively new to this and purchased a 37 gallon column tank that came with an aqueon led strip with 3 day white bulbs in working condition. I am more than willing to purchase another lighting option, but I simply cannot find the necessary information to know if the three bulbs would be adequate for lighting a planted aquarium. Would this be adequate? If not, does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!

You mean this size w/ 3 modules?
AFAICT tell each module is 2W.
6W isn't enough for a decent planted tank at 24" deep.

Suggestions are based on how much you want to spend.
AI Prime freshwater is probably one of the top LED choices for a 20x18x24 tank.
Cheapest w/ power is finding a 20" t5 or t8 fixture. 2 to 4 tubes.
Getting hard to find atm.. Odyssea may come up in 20" now and then.
Bulbs (18" ) aren't too difficult atm.

Another couple 20" LED:

just use the par as comparison of relative strengths. The smaller versions will be much less as an absolute number:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.