The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's journals, so here's my feeble attempt. Starting this more for feedback and constructive criticism, please be gentle. :)

Setup:
Aqueon Evolve 8, standard lighting, heater added. Modified the filter by drilling holes in the bottom of the media chamber, and used a bag of Biomax70 and AC70 sponge as I've seen here on the forums.

Substrate: mixed 20lbs of EcoComplete with 5 pounds of fine black aquarium sand, used about half of the mixture (rest to go to my betta tank rescape).

Plants:
Cryptocoryne parva (found at PetCo of all places!)
Watersprite
Ludwigia repens narrow leaf
Hygrophila - not sure what species, hopefully compacta

Fauna:
Nothing as of yet. Want to let this grow in really well first, then considering some cherry shrimp and possibly Endler's livebearers.

So, pics are worth a thousand words, right? Initial planting:

Top view before flooding. Slightly raised up in the corner where the water sprite is.

After sitting overnight to let things settle:

Without flash - sorry, only have a point and shoot and I'm not the best photographer:

That's it for now. Considering trying out some CO2 on this, thinking about the Fluval 88 system. I've read a lot on the forums, and know it's not the most cost effective, but it's cheaper intial cost anyway. I've got some questions about CO2 anyway, but I'll save them until I hear some thoughts. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sabra

1 - 2 of 2 Posts