1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have this tank:

View attachment 59137

Set up with this bulb:

View attachment 59138

I could use this bulb:

View attachment 59140

Everyone says just go get a 5-11 Watt Spiral CFL 6,500K bulb but I can't find these bulbs anywhere. There all rated 40 or 60 watt equivalent that use only 7 or 9 watts of power so it is a little deceiving.

I am just confused I think. I do not want to much light in this tank and both of these bulbs are rated 40watts but differ greatly in light output. Can anyone help me out here?

I want to grow Dwarf Sag, Annibus, and Flame Moss in this 2.5 gallon tank.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you really want to go $$$ then try this bulb from Superbright LEDs. I'd go for the 'cool white' it's rated at 6500K in color. And either of those bulbs you posted would work just fine. Personally I'd go for the first. Diffuses the light alot more. And is there even a reflector in the hood? If not then I'd recommend putting one in, made out of some shiny metal.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you really want to go $$$ then try this bulb from Superbright LEDs. I'd go for the 'cool white' it's rated at 6500K in color. And either of those bulbs you posted would work just fine. Personally I'd go for the first. Diffuses the light alot more. And is there even a reflector in the hood? If not then I'd recommend putting one in, made out of some shiny metal.
Whoa! That's a cool light. Yea, this fixture has a cheap reflector and a cheap guard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.