The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Personally I would rather have an aqueon filter over a cascade. I have had too many problems with cascade filters over the years, especially leaky canisters.

Aside from that considering it includes everything and the price looks good I would even consider one myself, but I have other plans. :(

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I got that kit for $60 on clearance at PetSmart last year. I'm using an AC70 for a filter and probably will put one of my XPs on there down the road once I'm done using it as a QT. Depending on how much you pay for it I think it's a good deal considering it comes with a good light fixture for a low tech planted tank, though. (I may turn mine into a vivarium for a pair of Chahoua geckos, though...)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Here is my 25 planted kit. I did change the filter to an Aqua Clear 50 (hated the Aqueon). I'm going to post this again elsewhere as I really need some help with a couple of issues and I don't want to veer off in this thread.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.