The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Quick filter question. My 10g has an Aqueon 10 filter currently. It is towards the left of the tank. Observing the tank, the right side of the tank doesn't seem to get very much flow e.g. the watersprite in the back right corner doesn't move much at all and debris tends to catch in the leaves and not dislodge. Is the 100gph flow from the 10 enough, or should I upgrade? Maybe add an additional Aqueon 10 on the right side of the tank? My planned stock includes microrasboras, dwarf corys, and eventually oto's. Would that be too much flow for them if I add an additional filter or upgrade? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Manufacturers/brands like to overrate gph from what I've read and witnessed. I suggest avoiding the less quality brands, such as Aqueon, and instead purchase an AquaClear (if you want to stay with the HOB style filters). For a 10g, one AquaClear 30 or 50 would do the trick. You can probably get by with the AquaClear 20 too (I use one of my 10g and it does fairly well).

Or if you are looking for just flow and not purely filtration, you can go with a powerhead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.