The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,

If this has been answered please link me the thread.

I like the theory behind lily pipes, but it seems too delicate (based on other people). So I was looking at the Aquavas style returns on their site, and I noticed that the return pipe looks a lot like the Eheim j hook return pipe.

I've searched (maybe wrong parameters) about using the Eheim without the spray bar, but did not come up with anything.

So what do you guys think? Would it have the same effect the the Aquavas pipe, or are there enough physical differences between the two that would cause two different outcomes?

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
No info on using the lilly pipe, etc. but I do use the Eheim without the spray bar and like it. Rather than small, high velocity water jets, I like the larger but less speed of the open pipe end. I use them on larger tanks and find no problems.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
Hey Gang,
So what do you guys think? Would it have the same effect the the Aquavas pipe, or are there enough physical differences between the two that would cause two different outcomes?
I've got both and actually like the eheim best. The curve on the aquavas isn't sharp enough so it seems to not get surface water as much. The new eheim filters have grey rather than green color which I was really impressed with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.