The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just took the plunge and bought an Aquavas 90cm system. I've been looking at these and ADA's 90m for awhile but the ADA with similar components costs almost twice as much including shipping. If anyone else is interested in purchasing an Aquavas 90cm, let me know and I can get you another 5% off ($80).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Last I heard aquatic gardens was offering some % off if buying a system as well. Should've waited on that!

Have any first hand experience with the Aquavas stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Last I heard aquatic gardens was offering some % off if buying a system as well. Should've waited on that!

Have any first hand experience with the Aquavas stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't have any experience with Aquavas stuff and haven't received my system yet. I had a few ADA tanks before though (Mini-S, Mini-M, 30-C) and maybe can do a comparison after I get the Aquavas up and running.

Hiepsta's Aquavas 90cm looks pretty amazing though.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I figured out a long time ago that building your own system (purchase a glass aquarium) and purchase the related components is much easier to work with. More importantly, a lot of the "all in one systems" often come with equipment that can't handle stringent tasks (a filter that can only handle a medium bioload, lights that can only grow mid-level plants etc.).

That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I bought a 90-P ADA stand a month or so ago. Very disappointed, it is nothing special and the paint job is one coat from an airbrush. Airgun... whatever it's called. I used a Mr. Clean magic eraser to remove the red marker where I had to drill holes to install the lighting stand, and the paint came off. I'd say the ADA cabinets are a big ripoff for what you get. No formica even!

The Aquavas stands look much better and the tanks look the same, and that looks like a great deal. Their light stand looks similar (square steel instead of round rods) and filters look just as high quality, just with the pump at an angle. I am thinking maybe I should have gotten Aquavas.

Now that I think about it, Aquavas light stand looks much sturdier than ADA grand solar stand.

Depending on where you live and your budget, the fact that Aquavas includes shipping in their price might be the dealmaker. The cost to ship my 90-P system (tank/filter/stand/aquasouil/everything else) across country was insane.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.